At the Brisbane Etchells Fleet AGM yesterday, long-time office holders Noel Paterson and David Healey stood aside from their respective positions within the Fleet handing their batons over to Jason Hawkins (incoming Fleet Captain) and Chris Nezmah (incoming Treasurer).
Both Noel and David have worked tirelessly to further the Etchells Fleet in Brisbane as well as world-wide as the summary of their involvement to-date listed below testifies to:
- Brisbane Fleet Captain: 2000-2004, 2009-12. 2014-19 (total 12 years)
- International Governor: 2003-08, 2011-15 (total 12 years)
- Australian Vice President: 2002-2004 (2 years)
- Australian President: 2004-06, 2008-11 (5 years)
- Awarded International Life Member 2018
- Awarded Brisbane Fleet Life Membership 27 July 2019
- (unfortunately, there is no record of Noel’s previous service in the 1980’s)
- Brisbane Fleet Treasurer: 1999-2019 (except for 18 months 2014/16) (18.5 Years)
- Australian Assistant Secretary: 2008-11 (3 years)
- Australian Secretary: 2011-2016, 2017-19 (7 years)
- Australian Treasurer: 2016- to date
- International Governor: 2009-15 (8 years)
- International Governor & Treasurer: 2017-21 (2 years)
- Awarded Australian Life Membership 2018
From official records, we note that collectively these two Etchells elder-statesmen from the Brisbane Fleet have given their time for almost 70 years in total !
Noel and David have handed over the Brisbane Fleet to new hands in the strongest position it has ever been in its 40+ year history both in terms of participation as well as financially. We wish them both all the best in their ‘retirement’ and know they will remain just as active on the race track continuing to campaign on Moreton Bay.
See you out on the water.